Sunday, June 20, 2010

About Me

Hi! My name is Heather. I am a former first grade teacher turned part-time graphic designer/part-time stay at home mom of twin boys (Jack and Logan). I have been married to my high school sweetheart (Kit) for almost 5 years now. I created Modern Family to share a collection of things I find beautiful, funny and yummy, as well as local events/organizations that help make life better for the modern family.

Those are the basics, but here's the fun stuff!

I am a t.v. addict! My DVR is always full. Together, Kit and I form an invincible pop-culture trivia team! He's seen every horror/sci-fi thriller known to man, and I'm crazy about classic movies from the 30s, 40s, and 50s. 

I love to antique shop, watch football with my boys, play poker with my dad and tennis with my sister. I have an incurable sweet tooth (inherited from my mother). I always decide which dessert I will order before choosing an entree. And though I love baking from scratch, I can't deny the yummy convenience of a hot pocket. I am a tone-deaf, bathroom hiding, hairbrush holding singer/dancer. I am a hopeless romantic and a day-dreamer. I am a horrible backseat driver and loathe shopping for bathing suits.

If I had more money, I would get a massage weekly and have fresh flowers in every room of our house. I buy a lottery ticket and say a travel prayer everytime I go on a road trip. The greatest blessing in my life has been Kit, Jack and Logan and I thank God everyday for them.

Contact me at: heather@modernfamilymagazine.com

No comments:

Post a Comment