Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Tuesday Tutorial-Scrabble Magnets

I LOVE board games! Monopoly, Cranium, CandyLand, you name it, I play it! But I have to say, my all-time favorite is Scrabble. A couple of years ago, on a trip to Austin, I found the cutest bracelet celebrating my love of the game. Five Scrabble pieces spelling out H.A.P.P.Y, fastened together with silver links, called out to me. I wanted it, no I needed it! However, with one glance at the price tag, I knew Kit would never let me buy it. Empty-handed and sad-hearted I left. Then, somewhere along hour 4 on the drive back to Midland, I realized that I could make it myself! I bought an old, used Scrabble game at Trade and Treasures and metal fasteners from Hobby Lobby. Soon I was wearing my own Scrabble necklace. With many lettered tiles left over, I started to think of other things I could make. Which leads me to today's Tuesday Tutorial.

How To Make 
Scrabble Magnets

Supplies:
Scrabble tiles
Scissors
1 roll of magnetic tape

Cut squares of the magnetic tape to fit the size of your tiles. Peel back the paper on the sticky side and adhere to the back of the tile. Press down hard for 3 seconds. Now you can use your tiles to write love notes to your honey, make a list of grocery items to buy, or have your kids practice their spelling words!

No comments:

Post a Comment