Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tuesday Tutorial-Iron On Baby Onesie

We celebrated the boys' first birthday this past Saturday at the fair. It really turned out great and the boys had such a fun time! I can't wait to see the pictures! My aunt was able to sneak in a few. Here is a pic of us waving goodbye to our guests.

Lately, I've been reminiscing about when they were first born and the anticipation leading up to taking them home. I remember that I was terrified I would mix them up after we left the hospital. How would I tell them apart? Kit suggested I paint their backs with nail polish like turtles! I actually ended up with a very cute and easy craft to help ease my fears, which leads me to today's Tuesday Tutorial.


How To Tell Your Twins Apart
What You Will Need:
2 onesies
Iron-on fabric letters
Dishtowel
Iron

1. Peel back the iron-on letters from the package and place them on top of the onesie in position (Depending on the type of letters you buy, this might be face up or face down. Check the instructions on your package before going further.)
2. Place the dishtowel over the letters (to protect them from melting onto the iron) and press the iron on top of it for 10-20 seconds. 






Ta Da! Now as long as you put the correct outfit on each baby, you'll never get mixed up! 
Logan and Jack, January 2010


This craft is featured at the following:


 

13 comments:

  1. Lol... I did paint one toenail in red to tell them apart. I hadn't been able to find a difference in an ear, a nose, toes... nothing. Then (weeks after they were born) I realized that their belly buttons were different - they were tied by two different people. One had a "fold" and one had a "hole". I wish I noticed that sooner!!! So I tell everyone expecting twins... check the belly button!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, what a cute idea. :) It should work until they get old enough to switch outfits. (My husband is a twin and tells many stories about he and his brother trading clothes to fool people.) You have very cute boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did the paint a toe nail thing, too. Mine looked WAAY alike as babies. Now they are 11 and look very different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there...what a great post! My twin daughters are almost 20 years old, so this takes me back!...I painted the eldest twin's, Briana, toenail before we left the hospital. My other trick was to always have Briana on the left in pictures...because you read left to right. So all of our pics had Briana on the left and Gaby on the right. Also, when dressing them, if possible I would put Briana in Blue and Gaby in Green, based on the first letter of the their names. Just a few tips from another mom of twins :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea - we have two sets of twins here, one set frat and one identical. I told mine apart by dressing one always in solid colors (namely Blue because the baby is named Ben) and the other in prints. It worked well until one day my mother took the boys and gave them a bath and SHE switched them up in the tub...it took me hours to figure out something was up and that I had dressed them incorrectly. At least I think I did...they could still be switched 17 years after the fact!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL Gotta love the twinnies! We had it easy with a brunette and blondie ~ they're turning 3 soon! Where does the time go? Your guys are too cute! Stop by and say hi sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY GOSH!! How cute is this!!? How cute are they? SO sweet! :) I saw them on It's So Very Cheri! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! Great idea. Like the lady who said to check the belly buttons, LOL!
    ~Kimberlee
    www.TheSpunkyDiva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are so stinking cute!!!! That is a great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I'd just nibble on them a lot and listen for the differences in the giggles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol! I love learning about raising twins! Looking for any advice you guys have to give!

    ReplyDelete
  12. São os gêmeos mais lindo que eu já vi, parabéns, e Jesus abençoe à todos.

    ReplyDelete