Monday, October 4, 2010

Mmm Mmm! Monday - Spiderweb Cupcakes

Now that it's October, I can finally break out my Halloween inspired treats! I just love kitschy food, and even better, this cupcake is probably the easiest I've ever decorated! It is a great craft for the kiddos and the perfect sweet treat for a Halloween themed party! Enjoy!

Spiderweb Cupcakes

cupcake
white creamy frosting
black decorating icing (with small decorating tip)
toothpick
spider ring

1. Top your cupcakes with a heavy even layer of the white frosting

2. Starting from the center of the cupcake, use the black decorating icing to draw circles, each getting bigger as you reach the edge of the cupcake


3. Drag a toothpick, starting from the center of the cupcake, in straight lines until you reach the outer edge



4. Top your cupcake with a spider ring
The spider ring is the best part!

8 comments:

  1. oh! my son would love these! thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute- I'd love it if you added these to my Halloween cupcake link party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome - will have to make these for our annual Halloween party this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I could really go for one of those yummy treats right now!

    Thanks for joining the party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cute! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks you guys! Don't you just love those spider rings! Makes me feel like a kid again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! I'll have to try that sometime soon!!

    ReplyDelete