Monday, June 28, 2010

Mmm Mmm Monday! - Pink Lady

One of the best things about living in West Texas (in my opinion) is the dry heat. I've lived on the beach and I've lived near a lake. While I'll never forget the beauty and serenity of walking along the water, I can't say that I'll miss the humidity. However, this summer, something has changed here in Midland. We have been blessed with more rain than any of my childhood memories recall and I find myself searching for something to quench my undying thirst. Alas! I have created a drink that really hits the spot! I call it, "Pink Lady"! (Naming my kitchen experiments is half of the fun!) This drink has everything. It's beautiful, yummy, inexpensive and low in calories! I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did!

 Pink Lady
  * serves 4

1/4 Seedless Watermelon
1 Lemon
1 can (or 12 oz.) Diet Sprite
1 cup Ice
4 slices of Watermelon (for garnish)

 In a blender, mix the watermelon and juice from the lemon until smooth. With the blender on, add the ice, cube by cube. After all has been crushed, slowly stir in the Diet Sprite. Serve immediately and garnish with a watermelon slice. Enjoy!



* Tip: If you have a teething baby (or two) like I do, refrigerate the left over watermelon rinds and serve the chilled treats when your sweetie needs something to chew on. Just remember, watermelon will make them gassy. (I learned that the hard way!) So proceed with caution!

No comments:

Post a Comment