This Saturday Kit, Jack, Logan and I will be walking in the 48th Annual Children's Sidewalk Parade. Sponsored by the Daughters of the American Revolution, the parade will be held at the Museum of the Southwest and begin at 10am. What's best about this parade is that all children, of any age, are welcome to participate and registration is free. You don't even have to pre-register, just sign up an hour before it begins! That is so great! Especially for me, since I'm sort of a last minute mom and always looking for fun things to do with the kids that don't cost an arm and a leg. The theme this year is "Patriotism: Salute Our Country, Troops and National Leaders." The kids can ride in any sidewalk vehicle (stroller, tricycle, wagon, bicycle, or big wheels). My boys are only 9 months, so we will be walking them in our stroller. Which brings me to the Tuesday Tutorial.
How To Decorate Your Stroller For A 4th Of July Parade
1. Wrap a red, white and/or blue sparkly garland around the handlebar of the stroller. (Card and Party Factory, $2)
2. Adorn the outline of the seat with a string of red, white and/or blue stars. (Dollar Tree, $1)
3. Attach a big bow to the front tire. (Dollar Tree, $1)
4. Hang gold stars from the sun shade. (Card and Party Factory, $1 or Free - if you have your kids cut out stars and color them)
5. Tape small American flags along the sides of the stroller. (Free! All participants receive a free flag and ribbon at registration!)
* Remember, you can decorate as much or as little as you want. It's not a contest, so don't go crazy spending too much money. Get creative and involve your kids in the decorating process. You all will enjoy making memories together and the kids will have much more pride as they walk/ride in the parade. I hope to see you there!
Also - check out Big Lots, Hobby Lobby, Target, Wal-Mart and Mardel for more supplies