"How does she know that you love her? How do you show her you love her? How does she know that you really really truly love her?" - Giselle, song from the Disney movie Enchanted
There have been many tests of love throughout the years. Some say the truest sign of love is when he gives you the last bite of his burrito. Others have said you know it's real when he's buys a ring. But this weekend, I learned the real meaning and test of love when Kit agreed to let me give him a haircut!
Before I begin, let me preface this week's Tuesday Tutorial by saying this:
1. I am not a professional hair stylist. In fact, I have never cut anyone's hair before. If after watching this video you attempt to cut someone's hair and mess up beyond repair,
you cannot hold me responsible!
2. This is my first attempt at recording a Tuesday Tutorial. Unfortunately, after unpacking from our vacation, I didn't have enough time left to edit these clips, so forgive me for any unnecessary banter/instruction to the videographers.
3. I began this haircut on Saturday afternoon. However, I was forced to leave Kit with half a head full of uncut hair in order to tend to the hungry babies. By the time I finished feeding them, the sun had gone down and we continued filming on Sunday. So that explains the outfit changes.
I hope you enjoy these videos as much as we enjoyed making them!
This is where the video ends. I think it turned out really well (all things considered). Here are some pictures after I finished.
But then, Kit decided he wanted it a little bit shorter. So, my uncle Andy took Kit outside to "touch it up". The next thing I heard was, "Oh Sh*t!" When Kit walked in, this is what I saw.
The moral of this tutorial is, "Leave well enough alone"! Luckily, I was able to fix it without completely shaving his head. We have no video of this because everyone was laughing too hard to hold the camera straight.
To conclude this week's tutorial, here are the top 10 things you don't want to hear your wife say as she cuts your hair. (All of these were actually said at some point during this haircut!) Enjoy and feel free to add on!
1. How do I hold this?
2. I'm just going to wing it!
4. That looks....ok
5. Hmm...that's different
6. Oh Sh*t!
7. Oh gosh! I'm sorry
8. (uncontrollable laughing)
9. I think we're going to have to shave it
10. Don't worry. It'll grow back!