How to Make a Fabric Magnetic Bookmark
2 3" x 15" swatches of fabric
2" x 14" card stock
roll of magnetic tape
hot glue gun (optional)
1. Cut two swatches of fabric into 3" x 15" strips
2. Place the fabric on top of each other, wrong sides together (print sides touching each other)
3. Sew around 3 sides of the fabric, leaving a .5" margin around all edges (DO NOT SEW IT SHUT! Make sure you leave an opening at the bottom!)
4. At the open end, pull the fabric inside out to reveal the tube you have just sewn (you might need to use a ruler to poke out the corners)
5. Iron out the wrinkles
6. Cut your card stock into 2 pieces measuring 2" x 7"
7. Stick the magnetic tape onto the card stock
8. Slide the magnetic cardstock into the fabric tube (make sure when you fold the tube in half, the magnets are facing each other)
9. Now it's time to close the open end of the fabric tube. You have many options. You can sew it shut, use iron on hemming tape or a hot glue gun. (I used a hot glue gun)
10. Now your bookmark is finished! Simply fold it over the page you are keeping and watch it snap together, holding your place! I hope you like it as much as I do!
This craft is featured at the following: