Monday, September 6, 2010

Mmm Mmm! Monday - Chunky Puppy Chow

Ahh! College football season has officially begun! I spent this past weekend celebrating Labor Day weekend in the best way - taking it easy, laying on the couch and relishing every yummy moment of football in high definition on our big screen t.v. Heaven! Even better - both mine and Kit's teams won our games! Woo hoo! 1-0, 11 more to go!

While watching the game, I thought back to my freshman year - all of us squished on the couch/bed, watching the games on our tiny t.v. with friends in our dorm room, making little snacks with the only appliance trusted to an 18 year old - a microwave! The best thing we ever made was a recipe introduced by my cousin, Natalie, called Puppy Chow. Below is the recipe with my own twist on it. Perfect for football parties! And best of all, since it's cooked in a microwave, it couldn't be easier or faster! Enjoy!

Heather's Chunky Puppy Chow 
serves 3 (if you're lucky!) 

1 bag chex mix -
          "sweet 'n salty"
2 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons peanut butter
8 tablespoons milk 
           chocolate chips
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup powdered sugar




1. Combine the butter, peanut butter and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and cook for 30 seconds. 


2. Stir. Cook in microwave for an additional 45 seconds.


3. Pour in the vanilla and stir the chocolate mixture until smooth.


4. Pour the chex mix into a large bowl. Cover the mix with the chocolate sauce and stir gently, so as to not crush the chex cereal.




5. Pour the sugar over the chocolate coated mix and cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Toss lightly until the sugar has been evenly coated. 




Enjoy!
P.S. the peanut butter chocolate coated raisins are my favorite! 





8 comments:

  1. That looks delish!! Mouthwatering...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum havent made these in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My best friend makes this every year for Christmas! It's SO yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! Just saw this in the past two link parties I linked to and I want some NOW! It's almost 9PM, but I think I'm about to go to the store to get the Chex. I think I have everything else. Thanks for sharing this!

    PS, have you ever tried butter popcorn with Raisinetts mixed in? Oh my gosh!! So good!

    ~ The Speckled Dog

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks very tasty, salty and sweet, both my craves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, so I didn't feel like going to the store so I made this without the Chex and with Chocolate Cheerios instead. YUM!

    ~ The Speckled Dog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh that looks sooo good!!

    Visiting from "It's so very Cheri" :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks guys! This is soooo yummy! Must try!

    ReplyDelete