While watching the game, I thought back to my freshman year - all of us squished on the couch/bed, watching the games on our tiny t.v. with friends in our dorm room, making little snacks with the only appliance trusted to an 18 year old - a microwave! The best thing we ever made was a recipe introduced by my cousin, Natalie, called Puppy Chow. Below is the recipe with my own twist on it. Perfect for football parties! And best of all, since it's cooked in a microwave, it couldn't be easier or faster! Enjoy!
Heather's Chunky Puppy Chow
serves 3 (if you're lucky!)
1 bag chex mix -
"sweet 'n salty"
2 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons peanut butter
8 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup powdered sugar
1. Combine the butter, peanut butter and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and cook for 30 seconds.
2. Stir. Cook in microwave for an additional 45 seconds.
3. Pour in the vanilla and stir the chocolate mixture until smooth.
4. Pour the chex mix into a large bowl. Cover the mix with the chocolate sauce and stir gently, so as to not crush the chex cereal.
5. Pour the sugar over the chocolate coated mix and cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Toss lightly until the sugar has been evenly coated.
P.S. the peanut butter chocolate coated raisins are my favorite!
I might add in more of those next time!
This recipe is featured at the following: