I think it is super cute! We're going with a carnival theme. It will be very colorful with tons of polka dots and stripes! I wanted the kiddos to have birthday hats to wear on the big day, but they were so expensive at Hobby Lobby! I knew I couldn't afford to buy more than one, but I could make a bunch for the same price! Which brings me to this week's Tuesday Tutorial.
How To Make A Birthday Hat
You will need:
12" x 18" rectangles of stiff felt
multiple sheets of 8.5" x 11" flexible felt
hot glue gun
colored pom poms
1. Cut out 3 half circles from the stiff felt. The diameter of the circles should be 11".
2. Roll the half circle into a cone and hot glue the seam in place.
3. Cut out varying sizes of circles from the flexible felt.
4. Hot glue the circles onto the cones.
5. Cut the elastic to size and hot glue to the sides of the cone.
6. Hot glue the pom poms to the top and bottom edges of the hat.
7. Your hat is now complete! Place atop your baby's head and enjoy!
This craft is featured at the following:
Today's Creative Blog
Sugar Bee Craft Edition
All Thingz Related
The Creative Itch
Silly Little Sparrow
ABC and 123
My Delicious Ambiguity
My Frugal Family
The CSI Project