Thursday, August 12, 2010

Wanderlust

Wanderlust.... don't you just love that word? I think it's in my top 10 list of favorite words. Unfortunately, I never can find an opportunity to use it. But today is a great day for this word! It is the beginning of the end of summer and it seems as though everyone around me is packing up and taking off for that last great sunshine filled vacation before school begins, committees form and responsibilities demand our attention. I, on the other hand, must stay put, sitting on my front porch, suffering from a considerable case of wanderlust. This word always makes me think of my cousin, Natalie. We were born 10 days and 20 miles apart, grew up together and attended the same university. Though after graduation, we headed down completely opposite paths. I married my high school sweetheart, moved back to my hometown, signed my name to an impossibly long and expensive mortgage contract and had the twins. Natalie lives in the big city, sharing her apartment with a great friend and spends her time with exciting people at glamorous events. But what I've always envied and admired most about Natalie is her adventurous spirit. I don't believe she's ever felt the need to include wanderlust in her vocabulary. Of all the people I've ever met, she is the one who is most deserving of the description, "world traveler". Here are some beautiful photos of homes decorated with travel in mind. I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment